Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Not even there yet and look what happens ;)

Ok, so I know I said I wasn't going to blog, but I am not in Pakistan yet, and it was a pretty crazy day. so here goes.

Woke up around 6 am feeling pumped, read for a bit then played some guitar outside of Shawn and Hayley Cuthill's house in Toronto. I met one of their neighbours as she walked her dog Lucky. Then we had breakfast and greeted Hillary. Later that afternoon things got crazy, as we traveled downtown via bus, then subway (which I had never been on), and finally street car (which I also had never been on). I was the only one out of the 8 wearing Pakistani stuff (which I didn't mind, because the rest were complaining about heat) and I was carrying baby Joseph's stroller. We ate an awesome meal and the crew stopped to get some icecream, which i wasn't too interested in so i stood outside. Out of nowhere this girl passing me and Mel B, looks at me and says "You're hot!", to which I replied thankyou, giving her my grin and Mel my "what-was-that-all-about look". She just laughed at me. After that we headed back to the subway terminal via streetcar, which is where the fun really begins. You see, with this stroller, I was slightly encumbered, so when the rest of the crew packed onto the subway, there wasn't any room left. I moved down the line, but the subways are pretty quick so I missed the train. As it pulled away, I looked at Matt and tried to mouth the words "which stop" to which he shrugged his shoulders. I tried to do the same with Ben, but he was already of range. Chuckling to myself I waited for the next train, and had a grand time all alone, with every other person staring at me like I was a white guy dressed in Paki clothes with a stroller... except that I was!!! To make a long story short, I hopped off the train around Eglinton, then deduced that the most likely stop they would be at was Finch, because I wasn't paying very close attention to which street we were on, etc... Luckily Finch was at the end of the line northwards, and it turned out to be right. The Lord is good. We made it home, and half the crew went out to talk with a Pakistani guy who was involved in some parliamentary thing... I guess they will tell me when they get back. So I grabbed my guitar and played outside again, only to have another girl pop her head around the corner and compliment me on my playing... Needless to say I gotta be super careful around girls, maybe I won't grin at them anymore... O by the way, I get to eat lunch at Buckingham palace. Thankyou for your prayers, take care everyone!

todd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Todd. You are so cute.

From yet another girl :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd. I don't know you that well. Sorry. Jerry has been talking to me online for the past while and I told him that I'm sad that you're all going to pakistan because you're taking my best friend with you. I love mel bee. PLEASE KEEP HER SAFE WITH YOU. I pray for her to be safe. I'm jealous you all went to England. That's my most favourite country. I love everything about it. Mel b said she would get me something from there. I can't wait to see her again. Please if you read this anytime at a net cafe or in pakistan, tell her i love her. I miss her a lot already.

Anonymous said...

Have a marvelous time Todd! Stay safe, have fun, learn plenty, and come back with lots of interesting stories to tell us.

Switch to the triangle. I've yet to meet a girl who had the hots for a man playing the triangle.