Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Calm of His Storm

I watched lightning tonite down at the park near my house around 2:45. I guess that means it is the morning... I have been wondering about lots of stuff, since my mind seems to have a default setting of 'high', with a temporary 'medium' setting when I fall unconscious.
In any case, I was wondering about the term "Quality of Life". At a seminar at my work we discussed this term briefly with respect to the people we serve. Everyone in the room was adamant that 'quality of life' is completely subjective, and though I didn't voice my opinion then, I am not so sure. It relates to the storm because I saw the great power of God displayed across the sky, and thought of his control over events in this world. I suppose I sort of philosophize the idea behind "Quality of Life", which is that any individual person decides for themselves what kind of life is of quality, when I suggest that the only "Quality of Life" possible is through Christ, and everything else must be measured by that standard. However it gets interesting when one discusses "Quality of Life" in reference to non-believers. Could one person's idea of "Quality of Life" impose on another person's? I believe so. Which makes me wonder how any talk of "Quality of Life" can be purely subjective, with no anchor or point of reference. Perhaps I'm blowing this out of proportion, so feel free to enlighten me. At least the lightning is straightforward: God is in control. That is where my quality of life is found: In the calm of His storm.

ps. my apologies for no ballad, its coming soon. p-stan t-15 days

-fox thought

No comments: