Monday, June 06, 2005

CD Construction

Well I figured out why all of my recordings sound like Darth Vader is constantly inhaling in the background: I forgot to turn off a switch which boosts the input of my microphone, and as such it also amplifies any 'white noise'. I am happy that I can fix the problem, but it also means I have to re-record a bunch of songs. O well. On that note I finally wrote some lyrics to a tune I have been strumming on my guitar for well over a week. Inspiration is a funny thing eh? One day nothing, the next day a tidal wave of ideas. Best to consistently write down ideas, as AndyMack keeps suggesting, so you never miss the opportunity to include them. Aunt Deb I've decided to compile a CD of songs pre-Pakistan trip, so I will be sure to get you one before I go. That reminds me... 24 days.

Spend Some Time With Me

Spend some time with me walking through a valley full of flowers blooming in the sun
I lift my head to the sky and wonder at your grace and power its all around me
So I open up your word
And see the justice of the cross
A righteousness mine all of you for all of me

The Saviour weeps for Adam's race who know only how to hate the God who gives them breath
What kind of love can it be which saw this Saviour die for me, satisfying God's wrath
And He hangs upon the tree
God's glory on His mind
The darkness it comes the transaction made, and we are saved

What response should I give to the Christ who rose on high and intercedes for me
A life of holiness He asks and by His spirit it's achieved Sanctified and pure
O to spend much time in his word
So to fall down on my knees
To glorify his name until he calls me home

1 comment:

gracie said...

Well I am really excited about the CD even though it means delayed gratification - thanks for telling me, I was going to nag you about emailing me :0) Great lyrics by the way, hope it is on the CD!
D the Bee