Sunday, June 26, 2005

Apple Blossom in the Wind

While on this earth, there is no place I can go which will give me rest from the war with sin. There is no magical field of flowers, no grand summit, no calm, watery floor which can pause the battle. There is no enemy more fierce, more cunning, or more injurious to the soul. It takes no prisoners, uses all means of attack, and grows with each victory. And it is with me until the day I die. It is every thought of God hated, every gift of God despised, and every motive of God challenged. Until I recognize what evil the Spirit wars against, what lustful pride, I will never begin to lean on the Spirit for victory. Owen had it right, though he is difficult to understand sometimes. We are all in a war, whether we are in Pakistan or Canada. By far the most challenging thing about this trip will be continuing to trust the Spirit in this war. Keep it in the forefront of your mind, the seriousness of sin. Hate it, kill it. Realize that you will continue to fight for the rest of your life and look to Jesus. Hebrews 12:3: "For consider Him who endured much hostility from strangers against himself, so you will not grow weary and lose heart." Pakistan is not that different from Canada, there are just less people there willing to fight against sin. I urge you my friends, to fight. And if I return we can ask eachother how we have done.

Peace favour your sword.

2 comments:

gracie said...

Just an encouragement - reading this entry caused me to change a course of action I was going to take and instead fight against sin - thanks for spurring us on.
Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

You are a very deep and smart thinker todd. Sorry this is sonia again, lol ... i stumbled across your blog when i posted about keeping mel b safe in pakistan.
so you are kind of above my thinking, but thats ok... i read it and can relate somewhat (what i understood of it)... and i have been thinking mostly the same thing lately. I have had everything in my life taken away from me. I am one disapointed person. But it shows that i need god more than anything. I think he took things away to say "sonia im here"...