Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Walk Down Memory Lane

So I went up into my attic today in search of a disc to play frisbee golf with later this afternoon. My attic is full of everything you can imagine, and I stumbled across some of my work from when I was 7 years old. Here is an excerpt from my journal:

Wed Oct 28, 1992 I would like to be and rtist wen I growe up. then i can do ale things rtists can do.

Now I admit my spelling has not changed too drastically since those days, but an artist? I found a bunch of drawings and multi-media work I did around the time, most of which were drawings of the USS Enterprise from Kirk's day. Man its been quite the afternoon, sitting here and remembering. I actually have the "Official Star Trek Fan Club of Canada Badge".

Its cool to think that the Lord has a plan for this life, and He has designed it so intricately and minutely, all for His own name's sake. One entry that caught my attention was this one:

Wed Sept 9, 1992 I wood like to have a turtle a little turtle.

Now I think I want to be a turtle. Swift to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath, as James puts it.

Someone go dig up something of your past and share, I'd love to here how well you spelled back then, and what some of your hopes and dreams were.

Todd

2 comments:

Rach B said...

Memories!! Gotta love the ideas you have when you are young! lol

I just wanted to say... enjoyed the blog. It made me smile :)

Cork said...

I went through a box of things my mom kept from when I was a kid the last time I was in Peterborough.. It was hilarious some of the stuff I found..