Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Jacob Joseph

Jacob Joseph opened his eyes today

Fingers stretching for the sky

The cradle rocks him softly back to sleep

A precious life indeed


And I wonder if he will grow to love Jesus,

And marry some girl beautiful and wise

Together they might pray under the trees

Of Africa’s deepest wilds


I don’t know about that baby boy

The days you’ve planned for him

But my job is to trust and obey

Cause’ Lord you’ve been good to me


And when Peter sought the secret will of God

The Lord reminded him of his place

For He does as He pleases with the nations of the earth

And little Jacob Joseph has not been forgotten


So I’ll pray about that boy in his cradle

And maybe God will have mercy

Cause Jacob Joseph is a sinner too

And a precious life indeed

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Good poem.

And yay for you april foolsing us on the whole 'i quit blogging' thang.

you are such my hero toddy