Saturday, April 09, 2005

Bikes, Guitars and Commitment

Well today was pretty exciting, and still is. I went to a party geared toward sponsoring NEA www.cyclenea.com in which twin brothers John and Ben shaved their legs in preparation for a bike trip across Canada. The party also included music, fooseball, food, and clips of cycling races (tour de France) on a projector. I had a chance to sing a song about the 4 people involved in the trip, 3 of whom were involved in the small group Bible study I was a part of this year. The song came off a little messy, but I don't mind, because it was fun, and they are good friends. O, and I figured out that I like fooseball, but am not that good. In that regard I should mention that Mr. Yoshiki was very, very good, and along with Heather almost beat out the twins in the first round. As for the food, I mainly stuck to cheese and carrots, because sooner or later this metabolism thing is gonna quit, and I'm gonna wake up fat. (though i did have a couple cookies) (hee hee)

In other news, I think I am starting to enjoy recording music. Josh found me a program which lets me record a track, and then record another piece while the first one is playing. This means I can add in more guitar parts and explore/practice singing harmony. Recently I tested this out by playing 'Beautiful Scandalous Night' (which is a cool song all by itself). I was inspired by how well Luke Bruce and Amy Covert sing it for KLBC choir (thx folks!). Anyway, I will try to keep people updated, but as it stands I might try to compile stuff and plop it on a CD. If you would like to hear some of my material give me a shout. I need to hear some constructive criticism so I can improve.

Lately I've been reading about Joseph in Genesis. That man had character coming out his ears. And one thing I noticed was that he is consistent in all he does, even during temptation. Day after day he is hounded to sin, and he refuses. He made a commitment right from the get-go that he would not sin against God, and he made good on that promise. Stu Webber points out that a man's ability to make a promise and keep it is crucial to who he is. A consistent commitment to the things of Christ is what it is all about.

Time to get back to work! I hope I get to make something cool tonight.

1 comment:

gracie said...

That is something to meditate on for hours - Stu Webber points out that a man's ability to make a promise and keep it is crucial to who he is. A consistent commitment to the things of Christ is what it is all about.
I tend to try to keep the promises I keep to other people, but break the ones I make to God and myself-hmmm something wrong with this picture.
Looking forward to hearing some of your music,