Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter Blessings

Easter has been interesting this year. I came to the realization last night that I take advantage of my family in so many ways. To be able to sit down and have a meal full of laughter and love was one thing that struck me like a hammer. Then later that evening I noticed something I had brushed off for so long. When I bring the guitar upstairs, sometimes my little brother brings his up and kinda jams while I'm playing stuff. Once or twice we have tried to play together, but yesterday there was a real connection, he played rythm and I played some lead and sang. It's funny, maybe I'm just slower than everyone else who has siblings, but after many years of trying to avoid him, or simply using him for bits of fun here and there, this last year I have really started to appreciate and respect his uniqueness in Christ, and his developing skills. I have a feeling he will be a preacher some day, and that rocks the socks. I love you Caleb!

In other news the Lord has been showing me amazing things concerning trent university. There is a real peace in my heart about nominations for TCF's executive for next year, and I am super excited about being a part of it.

I've been listening to Caedmon's Call's new CD: Share the Well, which has been a blessing, specifically three songs: 'the innocent's corner, the roses, and there's only one (holy one).

There's only one, who never fails to beckon the morning light
There's only one, who sets loose the gales and ties the trees down tight
When all around my soul gives way, he is all my hope and stay
There's only one, only one Holy One

Finally, I've been encouraged lately by two of my friends, and the story I see the Lord weaving through each of them. Keep strong girls!

2 comments:

Jerry said...

So was this the gutsy post... or are you saving that for later?

Glad to hear you're getting the hang of family life bro, you and me both need to love it for all its worth if we're gonna pull of this stay-at-home-till-we're-80 thing.

See you on the fields of battle.

Todd said...

this wasn't the gutsy thing no. Time wasn't right.