Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Happy March Day!

Well folks its here. March day. Jen Affleck invented it as we were climbing off the bus early this morning, and I am taking up the notion like a battle cry from some long dead war. It started when I commented that it was March now, but it didn't feel like it, though I never remember March 'feeling like it'. (I suppose I am sad spring is not here yet) She perked up and said, 'Ya its like March Day or something. Isn't there some sort of holiday for the first day of March?' We batted around some ideas, and shrugged our shoulders till I decided I would just call it March Day. Tell your friends, do a dance, write, jump, sing, but remember it is March Day.
While I am on, as it seems to the untrained eye, a useless rant about March, I might as well designate the official Calvin and Hobbes comic for March Day. hmmm. let me see. Aha, I have found it! I will just give you the URL because I can't be bothered to figure out how to upload pictures to my blog.

http://hem.passagen.se/rust29/images/HOBBE/CH_DANCE.GIF

On a closing, completely unrelated note: if you get the chance, read John Bunyan's Holy War. So far it is very insightful, and a good vocabulary builder. That man had a good grasp on salvation.

Happy March Day one and all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to take a look at that "Holy War" sometime. Pilgrim's Progress was very good.

gracie said...

Todd,
I am almost finished the Ethel Barrett translation of Holy War - as her publishers said in 1969 "refashioned in the lingua franca of the day so that it can speak to men to whom the 17th century is a closed door."
Aside from the fact that I am taking the easy route (but you should be glad - since I returned the library copy you're now reading when I started this) it has been very convicting, painfully so at times, and I know it will be useful in the fight.
Aunt Deb