Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sand Outside Jericho

A song I wrote on a nightshift at work. Bartimaeus the beggar is such an interesting guy to study. It's amazing to see some of the truths the Lord applies to the heart.

V1
Sitting in the sand outside the town of Jericho
The footsteps of a crowd drew a growl from his stomach
The mid-day meal was still long coming
And he had only a few coins in his coat

V2
He called out to some passersby
'Sir why all the noise, and could you spare a coin?'
Then he heard Jesus' name, a whisper in the crowd
And at the top of his lungs he cried:

C
O son of David have mercy on me
Bartimaeus the Unclean
Dear Lord I want to see,
I just want to see

V3
Your faith has made you well
And it was done, well almost.
There was still that choice to follow Christ,
But he'd been called, and his money lay forgotten

V4
How is it I go back to being blind
And begging for this world to satisfy
Cause I don't really know what I want,
But I know I want to see.

-todd

1 comment:

gracie said...

I would dearly love to hear this song sung, and perhaps I can insist on it, given it was written on CH time :o)
Aunt Deb