Sunday, February 13, 2005

New Lessons

The Lord teaches new lessons every day. This weekend went completely as God planned, and as I review it, I see his faithfulness painted across my moments of doubt, and his grace across my sin. Doubting my Lord has been a problem of late, but the Lord has taught me once again that he is not only trustworthy, but He is 'The trustworthy.' A small red elastic behind the ear should do as a reminder for that. The others i suppose are to deal with my unruly hair and performance with sword forms. (more on that in another blog)
On another note, I've been noticing more and more how friends are few and hard to come by. Distance grows with each passing day, and I speak and communicate with less and less people that I once did. I suppose a core group of people exists, but sometimes I wonder if that is diminishing. I think I have concluded that:

1) Friends must be cherished and one must work hard to keep those relationships going.
2) The Lord has reasons for moving people in and out of our lives, and it is not our job to become anxious over departure, or separation. Seasons come and go, we must embrace the new season, remembering fondly, not bitterly, those friendships we were bestowed with.

Based on this, I think I need to work at cultivating those relationships I am responsible with.
(and learn 'Courtier Taps His Fan')

Todd

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Lets do something sometime.

Like... LAN somewhere and play WoW all night together.