Thursday, April 19, 2007

School Hangover

Well, I had one of those weeks, where full-time work meets full-time school. For those of you who have experienced this at any level, you understand that it is a rough go. In any case, after a brief final bout with school I have emerged.

Throughout my class on Worship, I have been inspired to continue to develop musically. Part of this has manifested itself in the writing of new songs, and part of it has manifested itself in my desire to work through the Olney Hymns. So far I have written music to two songs, one of Newton's and one of Cowper's (/cooper/, not /cow-per/), and am considering a CD which may include them, as well as (and more importantly) speaking with the elders at Braidwood concerning this.

I'll post the songs in time. For now, my muscles are recovering...

3 comments:

Jerry said...

That whole songwriting side of composition still hasn't hit me yet... I look forward to hearing what comes of these efforts, bro. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes yes!
I love my Red Mountain Church Gadsby Hymns set to modern music - please do a CD of your delightful God-breathed styling with the deep words of dead men!
I'll buy 2 :o)

Love
Aunt Deb

Jerry said...

WTB UPDATE.