Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Bobo!

Well, its my little brother Caleb's birthday tommorow. He's 17 years of age. He is a pretty cool guy, I must say, though I can still remember the days when I used to beat him up; he could probably beat me up now. In any case, seeing how much he has grown to know and love Jesus is definitely a reason to be thankful. He's developing into quite a mature man of God, something I have seen by way of how Christ has shaped his personality and character over the years.
I spent time with Heather's family this thanksgiving as well, and as a whole it made me reflect on how God has blessed me with a wonderful family too. All the faces, the warmth, the memories laced with tears and soft music. It moves the soul.
Derek Webb's song "beloved" is playing in my head these days (and also on my guitar). Its about Christ and the church, and how Jesus is all that we ever need to be completely satisfied. I'm going to play it at the coffee house for TCF. I love this song!

And don't you ever let anyone tell you
That there's anything that you need
But me
-beloved (Derek Webb)

1 comment:

Jerry said...

There's a band called Beloved that I enjoy.

Mind you, there's also a folk artist called Derek Webb I enjoy.