Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Blast from TO

Quick update

I am currently taking a course titled "History of the Bible" as part of a masters program I am inching into down in the big smoke of Toronto. For the week, I will be riding the ways/streetcars downtown, hoofing it across these enormously post-pocket-protected-people-packed blocks (that's a before-and-after for you jeopardy fans out there) in order to go to hear a prof from 9-4 discourse on the tiniest details which lead up to the creation, compilation, and transmission of Holy Scripture. Just for a taste of the intensity, it is day 2, and we are still discussing the types of materials used to actually write down the stuff. My dear wife and our baby to be (Lord willing) is in Waterloo, and I miss her dearly! I love you two!

On the side, I listened to Mark Driscoll discuss the Virgin Birth as part of a series they are doing, and as usual, he managed to make both my ribs and head hurt at the same time. I liked his idea for "daughter dates".

"The string that resounds longest was plucked hardest."

al'Ander

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Ribs Hurting + Head Hurting = Good Hurting.

Hope the rest of the week goes well bro.

Unknown said...

Driscoll's a champion, I listened to him talk for ten minutes on sports bras last time..Good to hear from you Todder, say hi to that great city for me.

shine.is.dead said...

TBS! TBS!

Mark Driscoll is my hero.

Paul Lawton said...

hey who is the teacher?
give me a call when you get home.

i could have just sent you an email asking that, but i've started blogging now so i want people to see my comment, click on my name and visit it. ulterior motive!!

Anonymous said...

Recently married, baby on the way, AND an upcoming Bible course. Life is good for the Toddmeister. ^^

Enjoy your studies. Much as I'm sure there's a good deal of work involved, it sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

That's a good quote, I'm going to use it... Thanks,
Bobo...
P.S. Get a haircut.