Monday, September 11, 2006

KW

Well, Heather and I made it. We have crash landed in Kitchener Ontario after an exciting time near Alongonquin. Heather is at school, and I am running around shopping, cleaning, cooking, and trying to figure out phone/internet/job issues. Bell Mobility folk are smooth talkers. I think it is a bizzare cultural thing that I missed. First the Employee sterotypes me as a person who should understand all of the high-gimmerick of her electronic trade. She speels out info and questions concerning what I needed, and then (with a slight grimace) realizes I didn't quite understand what she was saying, so she re-stereotypes, grabs a piece of paper, and writes everything down, explaining High Speed, DSL, and Dial-up. It kind of made me chuckle inside. In any case, I am finding out facinating things about life while residing in KW. The highway sections are like this puzzle which keeps shifting around so you never know quite how to solve it. The roads intersect eachother and then run parallel, kinda like a DNA strand. And I am finding out the value of community centres and government run programs as I type away in one. Needless to say, things are fresh, I am in the business of hunting out every internet nook and cranny in this town until I can solidify my own, Heather and I are church hunting, and I'm going to try Chiken a la King (or somesuch) for dinner tonight. I'm going to pull the greek books out and study intently this year, hopefully so I can read my GNT with affinity. I hope the TCF community is doing well, and I miss Braidwood. Church hunting begins this Sunday. We might try and check out some Christian Reformed folks. Who knows!

Gotta run, there is lots to do down here.

God speed friends,

Todd

5 comments:

Jerry said...

Chicken a la King is a cinch as long as you don't mess up the sauce.

Glad to hear things are smoothy.

gracie said...

Or there is always the Sovereign Grace churches which are Baptistic, evangelistic and sovereign grace - don't know if there is anything closer than Guelph and Cambridge but you could check here: http://www.sgfcanada.com/members.htm

Exciting to hear how things are going.
I'm praying for you both.
Hope you don't mind I posted a wedding pic on my blog - if you mind let me know and I'll remove it.

Rach B said...

hey I would love to see a pic of the wedding! or just of you two together close up!
Congrats and God bless in the future. Keep him the center

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed going to the wedding. In all truth, it was the first wedding I've been to that had actually meaning for me.

I hope things are working out great for you two. Lots of new learning experiences to be sure.

andrew said...

Wait... there's a contract? Seriously? For real? Did you make me sign it during the Derek Webb trip? Cause I had mono then, and a fever of like a hundred and fifteen... so, I need to see a copy of that again.