Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It’s a dangerous way to live.

I agree with Jer about the DW article in Relevant Mag. Check it out.

Luke and I are well, trying to live Christ in a culture that is very different from where we come from. I am encouraged though by some of Derek's thoughts here.

This was particularily interesting...

"I cannot think like an American. I cannot think like whatever it is I am. I have to think about one who looks ahead to King Jesus on the throne and His kingdom and Him ruling righteously and perfectly, because that is the kingdom that is coming. That is the government that we long for. That is not the government we are in now. There is a point at which, with what look like political decisions, where I have to pull back. Politics is a broken system, especially a two party system. It’s really hard. I think there is work to be done. I feel like there is kingdom building that can happen in that arena, but it is not ideal. It is really difficult."

No comments: